BUILDING HEALTHY COMMUNITIES
A HEALTHY FUTURE STARTS AT THE ROOTS
Coalition for Children is:
- Administered by Liard Basin Task Force and funded by the Community Action Program for Children (CAP-C)
- Coalition partners offer input and guidance in formulating an overall plan for the CAP-C funding
Community Action Plan for Children (CAP-C)
CAP-C is funded by Health Canada to strengthen Canadian families and encourage the development of community groups to support the healthy development of young children (0-6 years)
- Parenting skills (education, support or training for caregivers, etc.
- Emotional and Social development of Children and Families (ie: intervention services to address specific behaviour and/or circumstances of risk, violence, etc, for children and families etc.
- Infant and Early Childhood Intervention (ie: special needs, caregivers, education, nutrition
Children at risk include children affected by poverty, isolation, health and nutrition, social/emotional problems, family break-down and injury/disability. Caregivers include step-parents, foster parents, natural and grandparents, as well as relatives, guardians and child care providers.
Coalition for Children
Watson Lake, Yukon
Phone: (867) 536-7105
Fax: (867) 536-7205
Liard Basin Task Force: Coordinates, Monitors and Financially Manages these programs on behalf of Liard Basin Task Force and Health Canada. Resources are available at the center. Please contact us for further information (867) 536-7105